Thursday, December 3, 2009

IPT 301 Week 9

I thought that the module on moral development was very interesting. I was eager to learn about the different stages of moral development because being a member of the church, I have always wondered about moral issues when considering people's moral and immoral actions. I was especially interested in the section about advancing moral development because I have always attributed my moral beliefs and behaviors to my religious beliefs but recently I have been thinking a lot about my friend who seems to follow the same basic moral code but does not have the guidelines set forth by the church. I learned that a lot of moral development is advanced in the family context. This was both reassuring to me because there are multiple ways that people can learn moral conduct but also scary as there are many families that don't seem to instill moral behaviors in their children in the home. I also deeply hope that I will be able to instill appropriate moral reasoning and behavior in my students as a teacher and make a difference in the student's lives who may not be getting practice on these moral issues in the home.

1 comment:

Camila Monteiro said...

We are so blessedto have the gospel in our lives and to have the chance to keep our standard of moral development high. It just seems the world keeps lowering them as time goes by, so they fit into people's lives better, when what they don't know it that it is only bringing them down.