Monday, November 30, 2009

Weel 10 PLE

The most important thing that I have learned by watching these videos is that it is entirely possible to use technology even with very young students. I realized that there are many ways to incorporate technology and some of the programs that children already like to play around with, such as Kidpix, can be a valuable learning tool. I also have come to realize that even younger children can use the internet for communication and research purposes if someone is there to monitor. The Spider video showed the class communicating with another class in another state and I think that this would not only be a great learning experience for the students but they would also be excited about sharing what they are learning and see what another class is discovering. I can also see in these videos that it is possible for students to learn to use a lot of the different technologies on their own such as the cameras and different computer programs. Two of the videos showed the classes sharing their products with their parents and families. I think that this is an important use of technology because it is a great way to try and get the parents involved in what the students are studying. I can see that there are many different uses for technology even with very young students.

No comments: